A beach day can be more than just swimming and sandy feet. Check out these fun ideas to take your beach day to the next level!
- Treasure Hunt
- Give each of your kids a bucket and then a list of treasure items to go find. It can include things like shells, rocks, feathers, and whatever else you can come up with! The possibilities are endless!
- Marco Polo
- This game is played in the water and has been around forever. One person who is ‘it’ closes their eyes and yells “Marco!” and the rest of the players respond by yelling “Polo!”, then the game proceeds just like a game of tag. Just remember to stay in shallow water!
- Build a Sand Castle
- Sand Castles are a classic when visiting the beach! Bring along your buckets and shovels to build the best sand castle in town. Don’t forget the moat!
- Sand Hopscotch
- Everyone plays Hopscotch when they are a kid, but most draw it with chalk. Find a stick or rock, draw a hopscotch grid in the sand, and hopscotch the day away!
- Fly a Kite
- Flying a kite can be a lot of fun, especially when you have space to run around. What’s the best part about flying a kite at the beach? There’s no trees to get the kite stuck in!
I hope these beach activities have inspired you to spend the last month of summer at the beach! Happy treasure hunting!