Are you looking for a fun way to spend a day with your family this winter? Don’t let the cold keep you inside all day, go outside and play in the snow! Here are a few fun activities to get you started!
- Build Snowmen together
Nothing brings the world of Frozen to life quite as much as building a snowman with your family! Grab a scarf, a carrot, some buttons, and whatever else you want to use to dress it up and get started! You can even build your own little snow family!
- Make your own snow forts
Gather together as much snow as possible and make a fort! It is easiest if you build it where snow is naturally collected during the winter like the corner of a yard. You can carve out tunnels, build walls, and make the snow fort of your dreams! The only limit is your imagination!
- Have a snowball fight
Put those snow forts to good use with a snowball fight! This has been a tradition for a very long time and is the perfect activity for children and adults of all ages!
- Go sledding
Grab your sled and make a trip to the closest hill, or maybe just your backyard! Sledding is easy and fun for the whole family. You could even build a few jumps to change things up a bit!
Now that you have some ideas, go spend some quality time with your family! These are a great way to get some fresh air while creating memories that will last a lifetime!
It is finally December, and for many people that means holiday shopping. Children all over the world are excited to see what gifts they will get this year and what they are expecting changes a little more every year. New technologies, trends, and lifestyle changes have led to the evolution of toys that we see each holiday season. Some toys come and go, but others seem to be a constant throughout the years. Here are the toys that were most popular for each decade since 1910:
1910s: Teddy Bear
1930s: Shirley Temple Doll
1950s: Mr. Potato Head
1960s: G.I. Joe
1970s: Star Wars action figures
1980s: Cabbage Patch Kids
1990s: Beanie Babies and Tickle Me Elmo
What was your favorite gift when you were a kid? Were your presents similar to what kids want today? Comment and tell us about your all time favorite gift!
For more information about the popular toys each decade click here!
This Saturday, Lake Geneva is having a witching and wizarding event you won’t want to miss! Magical Musings of Lake Geneva is an event for people of all ages who enjoy all things magical. Have you ever wanted to play Quiddich, find out which house your would be sorted into, or visit platform 9 ¾? Now is your chance! Magical Musings brings the worlds of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts together for a magical experience like no other!
Magical Musings has something for everyone!
- Quiddich Lessons
- House Sorting
- Fortune Telling
- Face Painting
- Potions Classroom
- And so much more!
When: Saturday, November 3rd
Where: Downtown Lake Geneva
Time: 10am – 5pm
For more information on The Magical Musings of Lake Geneva click here!
Packing a delicious and healthy school lunch for your kids can be difficult when you’re in a time crunch. Here are some tips to make your kids love the lunches you pack for them!
1. Switch it up.
Eating the same meal every day isn’t fun. Try and switch up what you send with your kids. Monday can be a PB&J, Tuesday can be leftovers they enjoy, and Wednesday could be a microwavable soup or spaghetti and meatballs. This will keep your kids from getting tired of having the same meal every day.
2. Try and pack one of their favorite foods every day.
Think about some of your child’s favorite foods. What is their favorite fruit, veggie, snack, or meal? Try and include at least one item a day that they really like. This will make them look forward to eating lunch every day because they know they are getting one of their favorites!
3. Don’t forget dessert!
Packing a healthy lunch is great, but don’t forget to pack a little treat. After all, one cookie can’t be that bad can it?
Packing lunches doesn’t have to be boring, keep your kids guessing with these helpful tips. If you aren’t sure what your kids want, ask them. Their suggestions might save you some time and from an unnecessary headache. Happy packing!
Go back to school with a splash! Spend your last Monday of the summer on the water at Geneva Lake!
Tips for the Lake
- Stay hydrated – bring a cooler with you for water to help you beat the heat!
- Sun Screen – don’t forget to re-apply as directed!
- Bring Snacks – Cut up some apples, strawberries, and throw in some grapes for the perfect fruit salad!
- Safety first – if you are going out on a boat don’t forget your life jackets!
For more activities to do on Geneva Lake you can visit this website!
Ease your kids into a school bed time.
Waking up early is hard, especially if you are not used to it yet. The week before school starts begin moving up your child’s bedtime and waking them up earlier in the morning. This will make the first week of school easier to wake up for and help with a smooth transition.
Get things together the night before.
This includes lunches, backpacks, and tomorrow’s outfit. Having fewer items to put together in the morning means you are less likely to forget something. This also allows you to set an organized schedule for your kids while giving them some responsibilities of their own.
Have everyone participate in the morning.
Doing everything by yourself can get exhausting. Pass off some of the smaller tasks to your kids. Something as simple as having your child feed the family pet in the morning can save you valuable time and gradually introduces your child into the responsibilities that you want to teach them.
It is important to start organized and healthy habits early on so that they carry throughout the year. I hope these tips and tricks will help your transition into the new school year go smoothly!
The Venetian Festival is back for the 56th year in a row!
It will go from August 15th – 19th and has lots of fun activities to participate in!
- Flat Iron Park and Seminary Park in Lake Geneva
- $20 per wristband
- Rides for all ages
- Delicious food
- And much more!
Arts & Crafts Fair (18th&19th)
- FREE ADMISION
- Library Park in Lake Geneva
- Over 100 exhibitors to see
Don’t miss out on all the fun! Gather your family and friends to spend a great day in downtown Lake Geneva!
For more information click here!
A beach day can be more than just swimming and sandy feet. Check out these fun ideas to take your beach day to the next level!
- Treasure Hunt
- Give each of your kids a bucket and then a list of treasure items to go find. It can include things like shells, rocks, feathers, and whatever else you can come up with! The possibilities are endless!
- Marco Polo
- This game is played in the water and has been around forever. One person who is ‘it’ closes their eyes and yells “Marco!” and the rest of the players respond by yelling “Polo!”, then the game proceeds just like a game of tag. Just remember to stay in shallow water!
- Build a Sand Castle
- Sand Castles are a classic when visiting the beach! Bring along your buckets and shovels to build the best sand castle in town. Don’t forget the moat!
- Sand Hopscotch
- Everyone plays Hopscotch when they are a kid, but most draw it with chalk. Find a stick or rock, draw a hopscotch grid in the sand, and hopscotch the day away!
- Fly a Kite
- Flying a kite can be a lot of fun, especially when you have space to run around. What’s the best part about flying a kite at the beach? There’s no trees to get the kite stuck in!
I hope these beach activities have inspired you to spend the last month of summer at the beach! Happy treasure hunting!
Happy Valentine’s Day! After all the excitement of this holiday here are some fun activities to do with your family:
- Make pizza from scratch and watch a movie
- Here is a great recipe for homemade pizza
- Look through old family albums together
- Feeling nostalgic? Look through some old photos and relive those great moments
- Volunteer locally
- It is always the right time to give back
- Here are some great opportunities in the area
- Play a board game or charades
- Have a family game night and bring out the inner competitiveness in everyone!
- This site has a great list of words for making cards for charades
- Build a blanket fort
- With the chill of winter cozy up in a blanket fort with some hot chocolate
- Grab all the blankets you can and start constructing!