The Venetian Festival is back for the 56th year in a row!
It will go from August 15th – 19th and has lots of fun activities to participate in!
- Flat Iron Park and Seminary Park in Lake Geneva
- $20 per wristband
- Rides for all ages
- Delicious food
- And much more!
Arts & Crafts Fair (18th&19th)
- FREE ADMISION
- Library Park in Lake Geneva
- Over 100 exhibitors to see
Don’t miss out on all the fun! Gather your family and friends to spend a great day in downtown Lake Geneva!
For more information click here!
A beach day can be more than just swimming and sandy feet. Check out these fun ideas to take your beach day to the next level!
- Treasure Hunt
- Give each of your kids a bucket and then a list of treasure items to go find. It can include things like shells, rocks, feathers, and whatever else you can come up with! The possibilities are endless!
- Marco Polo
- This game is played in the water and has been around forever. One person who is ‘it’ closes their eyes and yells “Marco!” and the rest of the players respond by yelling “Polo!”, then the game proceeds just like a game of tag. Just remember to stay in shallow water!
- Build a Sand Castle
- Sand Castles are a classic when visiting the beach! Bring along your buckets and shovels to build the best sand castle in town. Don’t forget the moat!
- Sand Hopscotch
- Everyone plays Hopscotch when they are a kid, but most draw it with chalk. Find a stick or rock, draw a hopscotch grid in the sand, and hopscotch the day away!
- Fly a Kite
- Flying a kite can be a lot of fun, especially when you have space to run around. What’s the best part about flying a kite at the beach? There’s no trees to get the kite stuck in!
I hope these beach activities have inspired you to spend the last month of summer at the beach! Happy treasure hunting!
Happy Valentine’s Day! After all the excitement of this holiday here are some fun activities to do with your family:
- Make pizza from scratch and watch a movie
- Here is a great recipe for homemade pizza
- Look through old family albums together
- Feeling nostalgic? Look through some old photos and relive those great moments
- Volunteer locally
- It is always the right time to give back
- Here are some great opportunities in the area
- Play a board game or charades
- Have a family game night and bring out the inner competitiveness in everyone!
- This site has a great list of words for making cards for charades
- Build a blanket fort
- With the chill of winter cozy up in a blanket fort with some hot chocolate
- Grab all the blankets you can and start constructing!