Packing a delicious and healthy school lunch for your kids can be difficult when you’re in a time crunch. Here are some tips to make your kids love the lunches you pack for them!
1. Switch it up.
Eating the same meal every day isn’t fun. Try and switch up what you send with your kids. Monday can be a PB&J, Tuesday can be leftovers they enjoy, and Wednesday could be a microwavable soup or spaghetti and meatballs. This will keep your kids from getting tired of having the same meal every day.
2. Try and pack one of their favorite foods every day.
Think about some of your child’s favorite foods. What is their favorite fruit, veggie, snack, or meal? Try and include at least one item a day that they really like. This will make them look forward to eating lunch every day because they know they are getting one of their favorites!
3. Don’t forget dessert!
Packing a healthy lunch is great, but don’t forget to pack a little treat. After all, one cookie can’t be that bad can it?
Packing lunches doesn’t have to be boring, keep your kids guessing with these helpful tips. If you aren’t sure what your kids want, ask them. Their suggestions might save you some time and from an unnecessary headache. Happy packing!
Go back to school with a splash! Spend your last Monday of the summer on the water at Geneva Lake!
Tips for the Lake
- Stay hydrated – bring a cooler with you for water to help you beat the heat!
- Sun Screen – don’t forget to re-apply as directed!
- Bring Snacks – Cut up some apples, strawberries, and throw in some grapes for the perfect fruit salad!
- Safety first – if you are going out on a boat don’t forget your life jackets!
For more activities to do on Geneva Lake you can visit this website!
Ease your kids into a school bed time.
Waking up early is hard, especially if you are not used to it yet. The week before school starts begin moving up your child’s bedtime and waking them up earlier in the morning. This will make the first week of school easier to wake up for and help with a smooth transition.
Get things together the night before.
This includes lunches, backpacks, and tomorrow’s outfit. Having fewer items to put together in the morning means you are less likely to forget something. This also allows you to set an organized schedule for your kids while giving them some responsibilities of their own.
Have everyone participate in the morning.
Doing everything by yourself can get exhausting. Pass off some of the smaller tasks to your kids. Something as simple as having your child feed the family pet in the morning can save you valuable time and gradually introduces your child into the responsibilities that you want to teach them.
It is important to start organized and healthy habits early on so that they carry throughout the year. I hope these tips and tricks will help your transition into the new school year go smoothly!
The Venetian Festival is back for the 56th year in a row!
It will go from August 15th – 19th and has lots of fun activities to participate in!
- Flat Iron Park and Seminary Park in Lake Geneva
- $20 per wristband
- Rides for all ages
- Delicious food
- And much more!
Arts & Crafts Fair (18th&19th)
- FREE ADMISION
- Library Park in Lake Geneva
- Over 100 exhibitors to see
Don’t miss out on all the fun! Gather your family and friends to spend a great day in downtown Lake Geneva!
For more information click here!
A beach day can be more than just swimming and sandy feet. Check out these fun ideas to take your beach day to the next level!
- Treasure Hunt
- Give each of your kids a bucket and then a list of treasure items to go find. It can include things like shells, rocks, feathers, and whatever else you can come up with! The possibilities are endless!
- Marco Polo
- This game is played in the water and has been around forever. One person who is ‘it’ closes their eyes and yells “Marco!” and the rest of the players respond by yelling “Polo!”, then the game proceeds just like a game of tag. Just remember to stay in shallow water!
- Build a Sand Castle
- Sand Castles are a classic when visiting the beach! Bring along your buckets and shovels to build the best sand castle in town. Don’t forget the moat!
- Sand Hopscotch
- Everyone plays Hopscotch when they are a kid, but most draw it with chalk. Find a stick or rock, draw a hopscotch grid in the sand, and hopscotch the day away!
- Fly a Kite
- Flying a kite can be a lot of fun, especially when you have space to run around. What’s the best part about flying a kite at the beach? There’s no trees to get the kite stuck in!
I hope these beach activities have inspired you to spend the last month of summer at the beach! Happy treasure hunting!
Happy Valentine’s Day! After all the excitement of this holiday here are some fun activities to do with your family:
- Make pizza from scratch and watch a movie
- Here is a great recipe for homemade pizza
- Look through old family albums together
- Feeling nostalgic? Look through some old photos and relive those great moments
- Volunteer locally
- It is always the right time to give back
- Here are some great opportunities in the area
- Play a board game or charades
- Have a family game night and bring out the inner competitiveness in everyone!
- This site has a great list of words for making cards for charades
- Build a blanket fort
- With the chill of winter cozy up in a blanket fort with some hot chocolate
- Grab all the blankets you can and start constructing!