This is a public event hosted by the Sole Sister’s Club at the Grand Geneva Resort. It begins January 6th at 1:30 pm and runs to January 7th at 3 pm. There are many fun activities including: fitness, food, music, dancing, shopping, hiking, ice skating, a pool party & dining in Lake Geneva.
There will be a 5 mile SNO Run on Saturday at 2:30 pm. If you want to find out more and register click here.
If you are not into running, stay for the afterparty that will include a DJ, food and beverages.
Sunday will be the big day for outdoor activities such as hiking. You can stay the whole weekend or meet up on Sunday for the group activities.
If you would like to check out more information here is a link to the Facebook event: Winter Weekend Getaway
There are a lot of great public New Year’s Eve parties in the Lake Geneva area on December 31st. Here are a few places for an all-night party!
- Next Door Pub
- Description: Join us New Year’s Eve with a special menu including Prime Rib Dinner for $18.95, a live DJ and a free champagne toast at midnight.
- When: 9 pm to 1 am
- Address: 411 Interchange N, Lake Geneva
- Grand Geneva
- Description: Spend the last night of 2017 with us at Grand Geneva! We’ve got overnight packages that are exactly what you’re looking for to celebrate with style. All of these packages include a two-night stay at Grand Geneva and you’re sure to spot a balloon drop when midnight tolls. If you’re local, you’re welcome to come for dinner and party, too!
- When: 4 pm to 1 AM
- Address: 7036 Grand Geneva Way, Lake Geneva
- Thumbs Up
- Description: What better way to end an epic 2017 than a Thumbs Up New Year’s Party! DJ 6’7 will be spinning all your favorite tunes until your feet fall off! Ring in 2018 with a FREE Campaign toast and party favors at midnight!
- When: 9 pm to 12 am
- Address: 260 Broad St, Lake Geneva
- Djs in the drink
- Description: If you are looking for New Year’s Eve plans look no further!
For those who do not like late nights come join us at Noon for the Packer Game for some fun.
For those who want to ring in the New Year with us join us for dinner, or even after dinner and come dance to the music of Petty Thieves at 10pm. We will also be sharing a late night snack of FREE PIZZA sometime around 10pm. Then at midnight, we will cheers with a complimentary glass of champagne.
- When: 10 pm to 2 am
- Address: W3860 Lakeshore Drive, Lake Geneva
If you want to celebrate and not stay out all night there are some great options for dinner and drinks.
- Studio Winery
- Description: Celebrate the New Year with Studio Winery! The music starts at 4pm with some great Chicago Blues from Low-reen and the Lazy Dogs featuring PeeWee Hayes! No cover. Champagne Toast at Midnight Rio De Janeiro time!! (8 pm our time – we close the place down at 9pm)
- When: 4 pm to 8 pm
- Address: 401 Sheridan Springs Rd, Lake Geneva
- Hunt Club Steakhouse
- Description: Ring in and relish the New Year at the Hunt Club Steakhouse with a celebratory three-course meal and limited standard menu. Cheers! Reservations recommended.
- Three Course Dinner Special ($65 per person)
- When: 5 pm to 3 pm
- Address: 555 Hunt Club Ct, Lake Geneva
- Lake Geneva Country Meats
- Description: Get all your NYE goodies and try some delicious sparkling wines for free! Nick loves sparkling wine, so we’re sure to have some treats open for you to try at a variety of price points.
- When: 12 pm to 3 pm
- Address: 5907 State Road 50, Lake Geneva
For some extra holiday fun try these two cocktails. The Stone Wall is the perfect holiday drink and combines rum, apple cider and ginger beer for a good fall taste. Secondly Tommy Gun, referencing the machine gun used by mobsters in the 20s. This drink gives you a little late night kick with its touch of ginger, some lemon, and some hearty Irish Whiskey to go along with it. Both of these cocktails have ingredients that can be purchased at The Bottle Shop or Geneva Liquors in Lake Geneva.
Stone Wall: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/stone-wall-cocktails-2014
Tommy Gun: https://kindredcocktails.com/cocktail/tommy-gun
The season of giving has arrived and nothing makes you warm inside (besides hot chocolate, of course!) more than the face of someone you care about receiving the perfect gift from you. Buying gifts can be an overwhelming process especially during the hustle and bustle that the holiday season brings with it, so here are a couple of gift ideas and trends to help you out.
Sorel Winter Boots
Fall in love with Fall fashion! There are some trends you should try to change up this season. Picking the right layers is essential to staying warm for Fall in Wisconsin. There is no end to the possibilities of outfits with jackets. Different jackets help you dress up or down an outfit. If you want to go for a casual look try a jean jacket with a simple t-shirt, leggings and comfortable shoes. This is the perfect outfit for grabbing coffee with friends or going to class. Leather and bomber jackets can dress up any outfit. With different colors and patterns you can turn an ordinary outfit into a statement by making it the centerpiece.
Now if you’re crafty and looking for a new DIY try making your own distressed or ripped jeans. You can even add some embroidered patches to it, there are some great ones on Amazon. It is all about making it your own and expressing yourself. Here is a link that The Everygirl posted for step by step instructions on how to make your own pair: http://theeverygirl.com/diy-distressed-boyfriend-jeans/
My favorite thing about fall is the boots! There are ankle boots and knee high ones. They are a key part to any outfit. The best part is that they are functional and cute. If you need an extra layer of warmth add some long socks to peek out over your boots. There is a great selection of boots at Zappos.
It’s the little details that count, instead of wearing your scarf the same way everyday mix it up! Instyle shows a how to tutorial on different ways to tie a scarf. I never thought there were that many ways to tie a scarf. http://www.instyle.com/how-tos/how-to-tie-scarf-gifs