Trying to get meals prepared during the week can be hard but here are 3 easy slow cookers to try soon! Also, there is a bonus dessert option
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
- A great casserole dish made with ziti macaroni and tomato & basil sauce. You can make it your own by including meat, peppers, onions, and more.
- Full recipe here
- Crock Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken and Veggies
- A hearty meal that is also good for you. It is a way to spice up the normal chicken dish with lemon and garlic.
- Full recipe here
- BBQ Pork Sliders
- Put the delectable pulled pork on some rolls and pair it with coleslaw. This is an excellent dish for parties as well.
- Full recipe here
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- A fun way to create a delicious dessert in your crock pot instead of the oven! Check it out here!
Happy Valentine’s Day! After all the excitement of this holiday here are some fun activities to do with your family:
- Make pizza from scratch and watch a movie
- Here is a great recipe for homemade pizza
- Look through old family albums together
- Feeling nostalgic? Look through some old photos and relive those great moments
- Volunteer locally
- It is always the right time to give back
- Here are some great opportunities in the area
- Play a board game or charades
- Have a family game night and bring out the inner competitiveness in everyone!
- This site has a great list of words for making cards for charades
- Build a blanket fort
- With the chill of winter cozy up in a blanket fort with some hot chocolate
- Grab all the blankets you can and start constructing!
Thursday February 8th
Mix and Mingle – networking for local professionals
From 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Geneva Inn
Come early for happy hour specials from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- 1/2 price wines by the glass
- 1/2 price bottles of wine (up to $100)
- 1/2 off select appetizers in the lounge
Friday February 9th
Friday Night Live Music at the ridge
From 9:30 pm to 12:30 am at the Ridge Hotel
Live music in the Lounge next to Crafted Americana every Friday and Saturday evening.
Concerts are open to the public and there is no cover charge!
David Harlan will be the performer this Friday & Saturday (Full list here)
Saturday February 10th
Winter Art Fair at the Pier
From 10:00 am to 5:00 pm at Pier 290
Featuring the work of regional artists
Great opportunity to find the perfect Valentine’s Day gift!
Free parking and heated tent
Sunday February 11th
$5 Spicy Bloody Mary’s & Mimosas
from 7:00 am – 12:00 pm at 240° West at The Abbey Resort
Love Finds You in Lake Geneva by Pamela S Meyers
It’s 1933, and beautiful Lake Geneva is a summertime playground for Chicago’s wealthy. Local girl Meg Alden works at the town newspaper, but she aspires to be a real reporter. When a job opens up, Meg spies an opportunity to break into the business — until Jack Wallace, son of the newspaper’s owner, is hired instead. How will Meg ever be able to work with the man who stole her job… and makes her pulse race?
A Shot to Die For by Libby Fischer Hellman
In this fourth title in the Ellie Foreman mystery series, the Chicago documentary filmmaker finds herself in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Returning from a video shoot at the Lodge, a newly renovated, upscale resort, Ellie befriends a woman who claims her ride abandoned her at a highway rest stop. But Ellie’s kindness is brutally cut short when a pickup truck pulls up, the rear window opens, and the woman is shot dead.
Winterfest is held in Lake Geneva from January 27th to February 4th. This nine-day festival celebrates art, winter, families, and fun.
What to expect at Winterfest:
- U.S. National Snow Sculpting Festival
- Human Dog Sled Race
- The Abominable Snow Race
- Magic Shows
- Helicopter Rides
- A Cocoa Crawl
- Incredible deals at local hotels and restaurants
- & So Much More!
For more information check out the official website here.
The Bottle Shop
Free Wine Tastings on Saturdays from 1-4pm.
- No reservations are required.
- A great opportunity to try before you buy.
Wine Flights Every Day
- A great way to sample wine.
- Choose from either White, Red, Sweet, Sparkling or Rose Wine flights.
- Each flight is three wines
- 2 ounces each for a total of 6 ounces
- Equal to a glass of wine.
- The flights are always available daily during shop hours.
Live Music at Studio Winery on Saturday, January 20th
- From 4 – 8pm with no cover!
- Usually Classic Rock or Blues.
- Featuring Hobie & the Leftovers funky blues the first Saturday of every Month.
- Check out the website for details and wine tasting hours.