The Bottle Shop
Free Wine Tastings on Saturdays from 1-4pm.
- No reservations are required.
- A great opportunity to try before you buy.
Wine Flights Every Day
- A great way to sample wine.
- Choose from either White, Red, Sweet, Sparkling or Rose Wine flights.
- Each flight is three wines
- 2 ounces each for a total of 6 ounces
- Equal to a glass of wine.
- The flights are always available daily during shop hours.
Live Music at Studio Winery on Saturday, January 20th
- From 4 – 8pm with no cover!
- Usually Classic Rock or Blues.
- Featuring Hobie & the Leftovers funky blues the first Saturday of every Month.
- Check out the website for details and wine tasting hours.
Thursday, January 11th : Girls Night Out!
Get the girls together for a night of fun at Pier 290 from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm. All rail drinks, beer and wines by the glass plus all dinner entrees 50% off.
Friday, January 12th: All You Can Eat Fish Fry
At Pier 290 from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm all you can eat! $13 for Cod and $18.95 for Bluegill. Dinners include potato pancake, coleslaw, bread & butter, applesauce, and tartar sauce.
Saturday, January 13th: Gallery 223 Art Exhibit
Take a break and come check out the newest works of art by talented local artists at Gallery 223 in downtown Lake Geneva. The gallery exhibit is scheduled to open January 11th and will run until February 25th.
The Gallery is open to the public free of charge from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm daily (except Tuesday and Wednesday.) For more information, phone Gallery 223 at 262-249-7988.
Sunday, January 14th: Brunch and Bloody Mary Bar
Wrap up the weekend with a delicious brunch and build your own Bloody Mary Bar at Pier 290 from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Check out more events in Lake Geneva here
This is a public event hosted by the Sole Sister’s Club at the Grand Geneva Resort. It begins January 6th at 1:30 pm and runs to January 7th at 3 pm. There are many fun activities including: fitness, food, music, dancing, shopping, hiking, ice skating, a pool party & dining in Lake Geneva.
There will be a 5 mile SNO Run on Saturday at 2:30 pm. If you want to find out more and register click here.
If you are not into running, stay for the afterparty that will include a DJ, food and beverages.
Sunday will be the big day for outdoor activities such as hiking. You can stay the whole weekend or meet up on Sunday for the group activities.
If you would like to check out more information here is a link to the Facebook event: Winter Weekend Getaway
There are a lot of great public New Year’s Eve parties in the Lake Geneva area on December 31st. Here are a few places for an all-night party!
- Next Door Pub
- Description: Join us New Year’s Eve with a special menu including Prime Rib Dinner for $18.95, a live DJ and a free champagne toast at midnight.
- When: 9 pm to 1 am
- Address: 411 Interchange N, Lake Geneva
- Grand Geneva
- Description: Spend the last night of 2017 with us at Grand Geneva! We’ve got overnight packages that are exactly what you’re looking for to celebrate with style. All of these packages include a two-night stay at Grand Geneva and you’re sure to spot a balloon drop when midnight tolls. If you’re local, you’re welcome to come for dinner and party, too!
- When: 4 pm to 1 AM
- Address: 7036 Grand Geneva Way, Lake Geneva
- Thumbs Up
- Description: What better way to end an epic 2017 than a Thumbs Up New Year’s Party! DJ 6’7 will be spinning all your favorite tunes until your feet fall off! Ring in 2018 with a FREE Campaign toast and party favors at midnight!
- When: 9 pm to 12 am
- Address: 260 Broad St, Lake Geneva
- Djs in the drink
- Description: If you are looking for New Year’s Eve plans look no further!
For those who do not like late nights come join us at Noon for the Packer Game for some fun.
For those who want to ring in the New Year with us join us for dinner, or even after dinner and come dance to the music of Petty Thieves at 10pm. We will also be sharing a late night snack of FREE PIZZA sometime around 10pm. Then at midnight, we will cheers with a complimentary glass of champagne.
- When: 10 pm to 2 am
- Address: W3860 Lakeshore Drive, Lake Geneva
If you want to celebrate and not stay out all night there are some great options for dinner and drinks.
- Studio Winery
- Description: Celebrate the New Year with Studio Winery! The music starts at 4pm with some great Chicago Blues from Low-reen and the Lazy Dogs featuring PeeWee Hayes! No cover. Champagne Toast at Midnight Rio De Janeiro time!! (8 pm our time – we close the place down at 9pm)
- When: 4 pm to 8 pm
- Address: 401 Sheridan Springs Rd, Lake Geneva
- Hunt Club Steakhouse
- Description: Ring in and relish the New Year at the Hunt Club Steakhouse with a celebratory three-course meal and limited standard menu. Cheers! Reservations recommended.
- Three Course Dinner Special ($65 per person)
- When: 5 pm to 3 pm
- Address: 555 Hunt Club Ct, Lake Geneva
- Lake Geneva Country Meats
- Description: Get all your NYE goodies and try some delicious sparkling wines for free! Nick loves sparkling wine, so we’re sure to have some treats open for you to try at a variety of price points.
- When: 12 pm to 3 pm
- Address: 5907 State Road 50, Lake Geneva
For some extra holiday fun try these two cocktails. The Stone Wall is the perfect holiday drink and combines rum, apple cider and ginger beer for a good fall taste. Secondly Tommy Gun, referencing the machine gun used by mobsters in the 20s. This drink gives you a little late night kick with its touch of ginger, some lemon, and some hearty Irish Whiskey to go along with it. Both of these cocktails have ingredients that can be purchased at The Bottle Shop or Geneva Liquors in Lake Geneva.
Stone Wall: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/stone-wall-cocktails-2014
Tommy Gun: https://kindredcocktails.com/cocktail/tommy-gun
The season of giving has arrived and nothing makes you warm inside (besides hot chocolate, of course!) more than the face of someone you care about receiving the perfect gift from you. Buying gifts can be an overwhelming process especially during the hustle and bustle that the holiday season brings with it, so here are a couple of gift ideas and trends to help you out.
Sorel Winter Boots